I know we are officially in the middle of the fall when the air suddenly becomes crisp, almost too crisp, and my lips are constantly chapped and regular moisturizers don’t seem to quite cut it anymore. We have not turned on the heat yet, but I am already slapping on hand cream, lip balm, and heavier moisturizers non-stop. If you are also looking for some extra dose of moisture and protection in the winter months, I have some recommendations:
- Jack Black lip balm: classic, affordable, and works every time. These lip balms are the answer to every chapped lip.
- Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment: these also come in tinted versions, and they are popular for a reason. From SPF and wearable shades to luxe packaging and perfect barely-there fragrance, this lip balm is the epitome of perfection.
- AHAVA mineral hand cream: moisturizing, creamy, provides the perfect slip without leaving your fingers greasy.
- Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cream: I discovered this many winters ago, when nothing else would save my parched skin from the savages of brutal winter air. Formulated to protect your skin from the most extreme weather, it truly works.
- Vichy Aqualia Thermal Rich Cream: I’m a fan of all the Vichy moisturizers and this one is my favorite for the winter. Vichy products are also particular great for people with sensitive skin.
- Olay Ultra Moisture In-Shower Body Lotion: When the temperature drops I try to minimize the time between getting out of the shower and cocooning myself inside the fluffiest duvet I can find. Being able to slap on moisturizers before getting out of the shower saves me from standing in the cold for longer than I have to.
- Kiehl’s Creme De Corps Soy Milk & Honey Whipped Body Butter: If I must withstand the cold and apply some moisturizers, I will go for the most delicious option, and this one just sounds delicious. Kiehl’s also makes a body scrub with the same Soy Milk & Honey ingredients and it is divine. Having tried numerous body scrubs, this is definitely my favorite.