Back to god-awful weather in St. Louis, back to school, back to painfully dragging myself out of the bed every morning at 8:00 (by that I really mean 8:20), and back to the life of a 22-soon to be 23-year-old trying to make it in this funny world where the most emailed article on NYT for 3+ days consecutively decried the utter irrationality of attending law school. (I still can’t bring myself to read it. Ignorance is bliss xD). Ok, so there’s really nothing humorous about the dismal state of legal profession in the United States…maybe I’m just desperately trying to find something to laugh about when really I should be very, very worried. (I am, and according to one of the 304983 attorneys that spoke to us during Intersession, it’s my freakin’ job to worry – aren’t I perfect for this profession.)
A quick recap of my life since I last wrote here (which I believe was somewhere in the middle of a nightmare that i’d rather not remember, aka finals.)
- winter break was nice. it was a surprisingly mild winter in Cleveland this year. And as usual, I enjoyed two weeks of doing not very much and the luxury of being bored.
- Las Vegas…with family. And Grand Canyon. It was…interesting. ’nuff said.
- ten hours drive from atl to stl, on top of the three days road trip to grand canyon means i don’t want another road trip for a very very very long time.
- intersession, aka orientation 2.0, aka omg i’m so tired i’m almost glad that it’s over and now i have classes. actually, can I just go back to winter break, plz?
- FDOC! (the exclamation mark is really there for the sole purpose of convincing myself that there is something to excited about on fdoc…but not really.). already I’m falling asleep in ConLaw class and the lecture in CivProc just won’t stick to me (when I actually manage to hear it in those rare moments). what a start, eh? highlight of the day: drawing decision trees in legal practice for settlement v. trial – I’m such a game theory dork; some things never change.
almost forgot, another fantastic piece of nostalgia of the day: I’m reading an excerpt from Chemerinsky’s ConLaw book. I miss that guy *sigh*.