cIt’s been a week and half since I graduated and I definitely am so over college. How do I know? Because as I was talking about visiting Kathy, she suggested that I go to classes with her on her LDOC…and I found the idea appalling. Don’t get me wrong, I love Kathy and I’ll probably end up going as a result…but really, I could not be more ready to move on. I loved Duke and all and I felt a blow nostalgia when I saw the tips of the Chapel as I was driving to citizenship interview in Durham. Yet the idea of going back to being a college student is not particularly appealing at the moment.
Then again, I find the idea of going to law school, or more specifically 1L, utterly terrifying. I just hope that at least half of the horror stories I’ve heard so far are false and I will end up with a job that won’t leave me completely broke and living on the street at age 25. I honestly don’t know what I would do (maybe I should start friending rich ppl on wall st. this summer XD). The problem isn’t just that I want that 6-figure salary, it’s more like I need it. I’m not delusional enough to think that anyone outside of the top 10%, or top 15% max (excluding ppl w/ ridiculous connections/background because, really, when did they ever have to worry about anything?), will actually have a chance at those jobs…so I’ll be doing anything and everything in my power to make sure I end up there. Of course, that’s probably what everyone else thinks when they elect to put themselves $400k in debt by going to law school.
Anyways, back to the nice, warm and fluffy present – the last few worry-free days I will have for I don’t know how long. I’m feeling lazy, so I’ll resort to lists 🙂
- making yummy food for mom
- shopping…b/c there’s little else to do when you live in an Atl suburb and the mall is practically in my backyard
- mom’s car broke down the morning we were suppose to drive back to Durham for my naturalization interview
- so we rented a car and drove 5 hrs.
- passed my interview (but forgot when the Constitution was written -_-) and saw Han 🙂
- mom got a speeding ticket on the way back, which turned me into the target of hours and hours of venting and her general annoyance (she actually blamed me for her ticket…it’s pretty amazing(ly ridiculous)).
- found out that diesel somehow got into our car and led to the breakdown
- at least there was half tank of gasoline…which basically saved the engine
- the whole thing cost ~$800 (insurance deductable was $500)
- mom is both relieved (that the car didn’t completely die) and annoyed (that so much crap happened and $$$ was spent)
HAHAHA it sounds so funny! that’s why i say…always keep within the speed limit =D anws, i’ll come n see how u r after ur 1L year. hopefully u will still be alive ;p